Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Love keeps me going...

Lets be honest.
No marriage or relationship is perfect.

I like to think that Husband and I have all the answers. That we're always happy and that nothing gets us down. Well that isn't close to the truth. Yes, 99% of the time we are as happy as can be but last month marriage was so hard. We were drowning and we didn't know what to do and didn't know who to turn to. Through it, I learned to be strong again. I learned to be independent again. I learned to let go and let him have his time on his own because we all need to get away sometimes and there is nothing wrong with that. Through it, I remembered how much I love him, how much in love I am with this man of mine. Through it all, we realized the honeymoon finally ended after three years. The honeymoon may have ended but we didn't. Through it I lost a friend that really wasn't ever a friend to begin with.

In many ways I'm thankful for this time in which I cried, in which I let myself go and just let everything happen but with me still fighting along the way. I learned that nothing is perfect, that our marriage is not perfect but that we're meant for each other despite that.

Some days we love each other more than life itself, other days we have to work at it. I'm happy Husband and I are past the days we had to work at it. Now I know when those days come again, (because let's face it, it's going to happen) we will make it out alive and happy once more.

Our marriage is different, we have so much more against us. His PTSD, his injuries, and my anxiety. Yet, we might have a lot more against us but love keeps me going, keeps us going and we're going to make it.

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE this blog Debbie.
    Marriage is a difficult thing and only the strong survive!!!

    Kathy E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy. I was really scared to post this blog but it's reality. I think it would help people that are married that you are NOT alone when it comes to the hard times. :)

    ReplyDelete