Monday, December 06, 2010

My goodness where did the weekend go?

I only did two of the things that were on my to do list. I had dinner with the Husband and I went to work and got out an hour early. Everything else was dropped.

Celestie, Vero, ME!
Friday Night: This was Juan's night out and so instead of being at home waiting for him to get home I called over my girls (Vero & Celestie) and we planned a little night, well it wasn't really planned. We just got together and just went with the flow.

First Stop: Starbucks, well actually we WERE going to go to El Torrito and have drinks there BUT they now have a $5 cover charge! Vero was going to meet up there but we ended up meeting at Starbucks, had a very yummy drink with some GODIVA, well Celestie and I did (sorry for not sharing VeroBabies).
Second Stop: Mu, a place in Redlands that Vero use to hang out at. It was pretty nice and laid back. My goodness, there are many dressed up drunk people. NOT very classy! The three of us had a drink and then Vero had to take off to pick up her hubby from work. She took a picture of the three of us but I have yet to get it, so I'll post that later. Celestie did take a picture of me though when she made me down a drink (SEE RIGHT).

Third Stop: TGI Fridays. I normally don't go to this restaurant because I just have never really liked it but since we were only going for drinks I thought well why not!? So Celestie and I ended up there and her friend was working at the bar so we got some yummy drinks. We talked, we laughed and had an amazing time together! I had forgotten just how much fun it is to hang out with my girls. I just hope we get to hang out together again VERY soon! Maybe dinner this week!
Saturday: Juan and I had a bit of trouble waking up because well we hadn't been out until 2 a.m. in a very long time. We don't even have kids and get we stay in like an old couple. True story. When we finally got out of bed we were on a mission! Get Christmas shopping done once and for all! We did! Well other than one gift, we were just so tired and worn out that we just didn't end up going to get his boots, but we will this weekend or even during this week. I crashed out on the couch at 8 p.m. and no one, not even Pucca was able to wake me up!
Sunday: Slept in, (though I had gone to "bed" early) and then we were up again to TRY to get the last few things off our list (Juan's dad). It didn't happen. Well one very important thing we did do was go out and get Juan's Christmas present. A Springfield XD .45 long barrel. Yes, I am getting my husband a gun. He has always wanted one and so this is the year in which he will get it. I was going to surprise him with it but I was told it was best for him to be able to pick it out. Now before y'all get scared he said that he will NOT have any ammo in the house ever. We will just buy it when we go to the shooting range. Need not worry! I use to be deathly afraid of guns but once he taught me to handle one and shoot one I had no problem with them ever again.  

I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do but the weekend did not go to waste. I had fun with my girls and then fun with the Husband! Overall, it was an awesome weekend!

2 comments:

  1. wow well im glad u had a blast sometimes the "uplanned" can be fun sometimes!!! lol u should do things like that more often!! wish i were close so we can hang out!! i really need breaks every now and then.... well by the way sooo love ur writting

    jackie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie.
    I need to get more detailed with this blog. This past weekend was just too crazy for me to get to it but that will change!

    This Friday I plan to hang out with Celestie again, I hope!!! If all goes well!

    ReplyDelete