Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Cards

For three years now I have been sending out Christmas cards. I also, from time to time send out birthday cards, or just random cards to let people know I think of them. I just think that in a world today with so much technology that we all forget just how nice and amazing it feels to get mail. All we ever get in the mail now in days is bills and junk mail. How often do you get a card in the mail? Not very often.

I always send out my Christmas cards early December, just so then people will feel like Christmas is all year long. Today I got three cards! I have been getting one a week and then today BAM! I got three! It just made me feel so special to get them, each one of them! I always place them in my tree and I save them too!

I even mail out a Christmas card to my parents and they live next door! Yes, I pay the postage and everything! I just love making people feel special.

I honestly feel that I live by the golden rule. Treat others as you would like to be treated. I give the way I would like to be given. I love the way I would like to be loved. I respect the way I would like to be respected. Now this isn't always the way things happen. Half the time people use me. Half the time people forget about me when they realize that there is someone better at the moment. Then out of nowhere they come back to be my friend and I'm happy like a fool but sooner or later they kick me away like a dog...

Okay I'm not sure where that came from but I guess I just got really real there for a moment. Sometimes I can't help but open up. Sometimes I can't help but just let go and let everything out. I guess this time around it was one of those moments. I went from talking about Christmas cards to talking about how I feel and how people make me feel at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment