Monday, February 07, 2011

That Holiday so Many Love to Hate

Remember grade school?
When every one of us would be excited about passing out valentine cards, candies, goodies? Everything was so much simpler then. There were no couples, well no real serious ones. There was no drama. Everyone was shown love and everyone received something that day. Now, oh how time has changed us! Why is it that after grade school we ended this tradition?



What changed? Why is it that we no longer let our friends know just how much they means to us? Have we forgotten just how important our friends are to us? Aren't they still? To me the few that I have, I hold them near and dear to my heart. I may get upset and cry over the things that they do that cause some pain but I get over it, forgive and move on. I'm sure that from time to time I cause pain to my fellow loved ones. I don't mean to... but that is a whole different story and there is no need to get into that.

Either way, the silly goose that I am, this year again I am sending out valentines day cards to let them know that they are loved. We need to remember that Valentines day is not only for couples, for people in love... it is also for friendship! We must not forget about our friends this day, our single friends, our married friends and our coupled up friends. Everyone needs to be loved. Lets let go of the bitterness some of us hold for this hallmark holiday and celebrate it for everyone that we love.

Buy a bag of candy, chocolates and just hand them out to your family, friends, co-workers. Everyone that you want to show that they are cared about! I'm sure that every person that you remember that day will be thankful for it! Even the girl at work that gets the dozen roses, sure she has someone loving her but I'm sure she will also love to feel appreciated as a friend, sister, mother, grand-daughter and so on. Either way, don't let this upcoming holiday bring you down because if you're not in a relationship I'm sure you are still LOVED!

While I have many friends I love these two are the ones that I feel are always around and I can count on but still... this year I plan to change that. I plan to hang out with many more of my girls!

So girls, guys all of you! Remember your friends and all your loved ones this year... be the first to make the change.


4 comments:

  1. Elena teacher is so weird she can't hand out all her homemade cards that she spend making all Friday afternoon. She she ended up w/her little hand all sore :( I will most like likely pass them out at work.
    -Jeanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awful!! Did she say why she couldn't????

    ReplyDelete
  3. how come the other picture doesnt show up? who is the misterious person?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't see the picture?? It's showing up on mine. It's Celestie and I :)

    ReplyDelete