Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Letter to Oreo

Dear Oreo,

It's been over day since I last saw your cute little face, your big brown eyes and big clown feet. I'm sorry I wasn't there to say good-bye, I'm sorry you had to go but you must understand that I had to choose Luna over you. She has been with me for 12 years and counting, she has watched me grow as I have watched her. I don't understand why you didn't like her, why you kept fighting with her and hurting her. I know that she can be a little mean because she doesn't like to play but that is no reason to snatch her food/treats away, that is no reason to attack her and hurt her.

I loved you dearly and it was hard for me to say enough is enough. You and I know that I tried to train you, we gave you time and love but you just would not listen and I don't understand why. We treated you no different from Luna and Pucca. We spoiled you as we spoiled them, we let you sleep on the bed and cuddle with us whenever you wanted. We kept you indoors and worried about you every day as we did with them. We loved you as our own but you just could not accept Luna as your big sister.

I will always love you, remember you... I know you will find a wonderful home. Who can say no to your cute little face. I will always remember how you would watch me get ready in the morning, cuddle with me in the middle of the night and run to the door to greet me after a long day of work. I will always remember your silly little ways, like when you would sleep on the couch's back, how you would sleep under the bed and how you would sleep on my feet. How you would jump into the pool, sit on the steps and just look around enjoying a warm California day. I will miss you as my running partner, you were so good at running with me and you never pulled or tired.

I miss you and love you Oreo, I'm so sorry you had to go,

Your foster mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment