Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Waiting like a kid waits for Christmas...

Yesterday at work a professor, (one that gave me a lens for my camera) asked if I had my Nikon with me. He wanted to take a picture of a man that was waiting to get his taxes done by the VITA students. The man had this amazing face, not beautiful but just amazing. Just looking at him you could tell that he has lived a hard life but a beautiful life. I kind of kicked myself in the butt for not having my camera and it would have been rude to go and take your camera phone and ask to take his picture. At least with a SLR camera you will look professional and not scare him off.

I for one do not take my camera with me to work and he was surprised. He said that if I really want to get my money out of it and take it serious then I should have it with me EVERYWHERE. He's right. I haven't really been using my camera and there have been times in which I wished that I had my camera with me to take a picture of something. Plus having my camera with me will help me with my blogging.

The reasons that I don't like taking my camera everywhere are:

1. I don't want to get my camera and lenses stolen. Let's be realistic, EVERYONE knows what a camera bag looks like. Everyone knows when something good is in there. I, at times have to walk to my car at night and I do not want to have to run to my car so that I don't have to worry about someone snatching my camera.

2. I hate the look and feel of my camera bag, it's big and ugly. Mind you, this is one of the nicer camera bags. I didn't pick it out either, it came with the bundle.

3. I don't want to have to carry two big bags with me to work and class. It's bad enough that people at work think I'm an odd ball because of my big Juicy bag.

So what is the solution? I buy and get a cute camera bag. Do these exists? YES! I have been looking around and finally I just made myself buy one.


http://www.epiphaniebags.com/
This will be the bag that I will be getting! I wanted it in purple BUT I would have to wait until April for the purple one so I got it in black because black goes with everything right?
This bag is amazing! It can hold the following:

1 15" macbook pro with battery cord, 1 camera body with lens attached, 1 long lens, 2 extra lenses ,wallet, keys, cell phone, and other miscellaneous personal items.

This is amazing for me because what did I just get this past weekend?! A macbook pro! Sure mine is only 13" but hey as long as it isn't bigger than 15" it's all good. What I love is that no one will be able to tell that it is holding a SLR camera. Sure it will look like a school bag but I don't mind.

So my readers, soon all my posts will have very amazing photos!
What do you want me to take pictures of? What do you want to see from my beautiful everyday life?

No comments:

Post a Comment