Saturday, February 05, 2011

Dinner with my Spain Traveler

A little over three weeks ago my friend Vero took off for her trip to Spain. Well, it wasn't really like a trip vacation but rather a missionary work. My friend Vero has a strong passion and love for God, she wants to share that with the world.


She is one of my best friends and I am so thankful that she understands me and accepts me as I am. During the time she was away I missed her so much. I think I was even going through withdraws, she is after all one of the only friends that shares the same passion as I do. We paint together, talk art together, and we share a passion for being creative.

As soon as I found out she was back in the states I texted her and it was one of the best feeling in the world to wake yesterday and have a text message from her! Lucky for me she was up to have dinner with me. I was thinking I wasn't going to see her for days because she would need the rest after her 22 hours travel!

We met up at Mimi's restaurant where I actually ended up ordering mahi mahi for the first time EVER with white rice, this my readers is unheard of! I do not eat fish but I thought why not try it out...


This must be one of the most healthy meals that I have ever had! It was so yummy and I can't wait to have it again. Finally I find a fish that I enjoy and it isn't tuna!


Vero had teriyaki chicken since she missed asian food so much while in Spain. We're both very picky eaters but we know what we want and stay away from what we don't like.


We missed each other so much and we talked for so long! I'm so excited for what she plans to do and that she was able to see one of her dreams come true! I was so jealous she went to Spain but this too is one of her dreams and so I was happy for her!

She brought me back a yellow fan from Spain which I LOVE! It reminds me of her because of how she always wears yellow in one way or another. She is one of the few people that I know that can pull off yellow! It's amazing how we want the same things in life though. This year we both plan to get pregnant and we want to really find out what we want in life with our career. We both love the arts and what that to be a big part of our lives! We also want to be more social this year and plan to really put ourselves out there. It's hard for us but it's something we need to do we feel.

I'm so happy and thankful to have my best friend back and I can't wait to see what she does with her life! 

5 comments:

  1. tears in my eyes :( thank u sooo much this was trully beautiful!!!! u shoulda posted a pic of the fan :)we gotta get together and paint!!! hopefully sunday? love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps i got tht blog going.... i gotta spend sum time on it and polishing it! lets hang out! thursday nite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I want to get all dolled up and take some niffty pictures with it! I will soon and I will post them up! :) I'm not sure what I have planned this weekend, it's my monther in law's birthday... but I will let you know babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes, I can do thursday, wanna meet up for dinner again or go to Starbucks? Let me know. I have a midterm that night so I will be out of class early! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes yes THURSDAY!!!
    ill take my camera! we can take sum pics with our starbucks cups!

    ReplyDelete