Friday, January 21, 2011

Why I Love Being Married

I’m not going to lie; I use to not want to get married. I remember telling my parents that I just wasn’t going to get married, ever. Why? Well because I saw marriage as a way to control the woman. I didn’t want to be stuck being controlled and not being able to live my life. I wasn’t allowed to do much growing up and getting married just seemed like a step down. I didn’t want to have to change my name to HIS name because I saw it as ownership. I didn’t want to change who I was. Needless to say, I was young and didn’t know much about marriage. I didn’t see anything positive about it. Oh how things have changed…

Now, going on five years this year of being married I have to say that I love being married! Now, I understand that marriage is not for everyone. I’m not saying that everyone needs to get married. Some people just do better without marriage in their relationship. There is nothing wrong with that. If you know what works for you and what works for your relationship then YAY! I’m happy for you.

This is why I love being married…

Companionship
Love
LaughterSex
Connection
Shared adventures and dreams
Passion Friendship
Staying in and watching a movie together
Deep conversations
Simple conversations
Hearing someone say “I LOVE YOU”
Being able to tell someone “I LOVE YOU”
All the inside jokes between us
Memories of past experiences together Trust
Support
Watching him change as years pass us by
Holding hands
Someone to wake up next to
Having a best friend
Having someone to spoil
Having someone to spoil you
Shared Values
Someone to help take care of you when you’re sick
Seeing him from across the room
Lazy weekends together
Shared responsibilities of life
Silliness together
A driver on road trips
Being out of the “dating scene”
Entering a room or restaurant together
Long kisses
Knowing I have a partner to go through life with

Now you don’t have to be married to have this, I’m sure many of you that are in wonderful committed relationships may have all of this already but this is why I love being married. Mr. Husband is the most amazing man I have ever met. He is always there to hold my hand, to make me smile and support me. Ten years ago I never thought I would find anyone that would make me want to change my thoughts or values. Then I met Husband, Juan Zamorano and my life turned upside down. Eight years ago we had our first kiss and went through a year of change. Today he is my husband, I am his wife and life couldn’t be better. I guess sometimes you just have to meet the right person and it has to be the right time in your life to want to get married. I’m happy that I was open minded and willing to change but I was only willing to change for him because of how deep my love ran. I'm thankful that he is not the husband I feared. He does not try to control me and didn't even mind when I didn't change my name and still haven't. I'm one lucky lady.

Why do you love being married? Why do you love being in a relationship?

No comments:

Post a Comment