Tuesday, January 25, 2011

To drop or not to drop...

It’s the third week of classes and sadly I’m just not into it anymore. I honestly think that I wasn’t into it from the very beginning. I hate linguistics and having a professor that isn’t all that well at teaching doesn’t help. Mr. Husband keeps reminding me that I need to go to class, that I need to study and I need to just be positive. If not then I won’t get into the M.F.A program and then there goes another wasted year. But in reality, my heart just isn’t in it anymore. I have this week to make up my mind if I’m going to drop the class, Monday is the last day. I’m leaning on dropping rather than taking the class. Why? Well right now all I can really think about is going to the gym. That is all I really want to do!

I have this odd feeling and craving to just workout. I want to spend hours on end but with a full time job and then this annoying class I don’t have the time for it. Now, if I drop this class I will promise myself to go to the gym every day. BUT will I keep that promise? I have to be honest. No.

I know that I will end up making some excuse to just not go.
“Oh I don’t feel well”
“Oh I have cramps”
“Work drained me and I’m just too tired”

I can come up with many more reasons not to go to the gym. I know that I will just keep making excuses so that I don’t have to go, then I will find myself upset day after day because the weight is not coming off. How is it going to though if I’m not going to the gym? I should just get off of here; take a break and study for the writing task that awaits me in class today. Then tomorrow I will need to study for the quiz we will be having on Thursday. Oh the life of a student, I thought I missed it… how wrong was I!

No comments:

Post a Comment