Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trying New Things...

Friday night Mr. Husband and I went out for a drive and we ended up having dinner at the World Famous Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant. The reason why we ended up there was because we wanted to try the alligator. I am not the type of person that is open to trying new types of foods. It's just hard for me. I'm such a picky eater and I'm so happy and thankful that Mr. Husband doesn't mind. YAY!

So we ordered the alligator appetizer and I tried to stay open minded. I need to just learn to take risks and try new things...




So out came in the alligator and just look how cute it looks! Well Juan tried it first like always and then it was my turn. I was surprised to find out that I ended up liking it! This is a must that everyone needs to try! The sauce that came with it made it all the more yummy!

When I ordered dinner I wasn't daring at all. I ended up just having a hamburger and fries. I only ate half of it and ended up wishing that I would have ordered what Juan ordered. He ended up having The Angler which is grilled mahi mahi, grilled shrimp and a pan seared lump crab cake.

Well actually all I really enjoyed was the mahi mahi. My goodness was that yummy!!!! I have never liked sea food well I love tuna but does that really count? Next time I'm going to just order the mahi mahi and from now on I am not going to be scared to try new things. I need to remind myself that I will never know what I might like. But just know that little by little I do try new things, it just takes me some time.

I hope you all try new things and make sure to go out and try the alligator! 

No comments:

Post a Comment