Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Letter to Those at the Gym

Dear Fellow Gym Goer:
I have been patient with you, all of you! When I’m going to the gym in the afternoon I go because I want to be active after sitting on my butt for eight hours at work. I want to be able to sweat and feel that awesome burn I have been missing all day! I want to feel great after my work out! I want to be healthy and I want to stay healthy.

YET, I can’t do that because you make it impossible for me to utilize the machines I long to use!

If you’re done with the weight machine, get off. Please don’t sit there having your five minute break before you move to the next machine! If you didn’t know before please know now, there are plenty of areas to take your break. Very soft chairs that you can sit in and sleep in if your heart desires it! When you do finally get off the said weight machine PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE clean it! I do not want to sit in your butt sweat! I do not want to have to whip off your butt sweat with my towel that I use to wipe my face! I promise you it’s simple to just clean it and it doesn’t take any time.

Now if you plan to use the cardio machines, good for you! We all need cardio in our lives but actually USE the machine! Don’t stand there talking to your gym partner/friend about this and that. If you didn’t know you can actually talk and walk at the same time. I’m not saying you should run and talk, that might be asking too much of you. But walk and talk! I want to get my cardio in! Oh and those of you that hog the cardio machine during peak hours! Really? Must you stay on it for an hour and then a ten minute cool down? I want to at least use it for 20 minutes to get some kind of cardio in. Let’s play nice and share.

Oh and those of you that just stand around and talk, guess what just because you’re at the gym does not mean you’re working out. You actually have to do something. You have to be active. You have to work out! If you just stand and lean against the wall like at grade school dance you’re going to get nowhere! This is just annoying to me but at least you’re staying out of the way so I can’t be too annoyed with you.

I hope I have made myself clear and everything will work out perfectly from now on.

Respectfully,


ME!

Example of what NOT to do


4 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahaha I feel the same way :)

    I was at the gym today and I couldn't get on the stair master! I was mad, I was like really?!?!? Get off so I can get on!!!!!

    people are lame!

    Good job going to the gym!

    btw I really love your blog I read every post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL
    GOOD STUFF! i hate it when people are machine hogs! OR when they use 2 benches in the weight room switching back and forth. Like really! sharing is caring. sheesh! just because you have bigger muscles than me doesn't give you the right to hog up two benches. uggh!
    but yeah stay strong and don't let these annoying people keep you from going to the gym. i too hate it when all the treadmills are busy, so i go to the bikes. i see some people waiting around until one is open, but not me. i must keep going...
    and i'm sure you get to the gym when it's the busiest :-/
    Well GOOD JOB DEBBIE. keep up the good work!!! =)

    -Kathy E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say u print out this blog and posted and at the gym :) and can you please print a copy for me :)
    -Jeanny

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Val: Thank you for reading and commenting. Yeah I just can't stand when people hog everything. RUDE!
    @Kathy: YES! I've seen people take up two machines! Hello just use one at at time!
    @Jeanny: I'm so tempted to post it at the gym but I'm sure they will be taken down right a way.

    Thanks for the comments an reading! :)

    ReplyDelete