Sunday, May 01, 2011

Dinner and a Show

Years go when one of my uncles was staying with us he put on a show I had never heard of or seen. 

Cirque du Soleil - Quidam

I still remember that night and I remember the show. 
A little girl ignored by her parents opens the door to a headless man and puts on his blower hat. She is then taken into a magical land of wonder and amazement. I instantly fell in love! The music! The art! The performances! 
A few years later on cable you were able to watch little shows of Cirque du Soleil but for some reason that didn't last long. 

A few years ago (2008) I got to watch my first Cirque du Soleil show at Las Vegas. We watched O and the moment it began I had tears in my eyes. There I was, fulfilling one of my childhood dreams, to be able to watch a Cirque du Soleil show live! It was beautiful and amazing! I wanted more and I planed to watch them all! The year after we watched Le Reve. This year I was lucking enough to finally watch the show that started it all...


The moment I realized that the show was going to be here in Ontario I knew that Mr. Husband was going to take me! 
Last night, along with my little big brother we went to dinner. The whole time talking about just how much we loved Cirque du Soleil growing up and after dinner we were on our way to watch that show that started it all! As always when it began there were tears in my eyes, it's just so beautiful and I find myself speechless! If you have yet to watch a show of Cirque du Soleil then you must! You too will fall in love with it, just as everyone else does! 

Here is a video of just watch this amazing show is about:







As always, you're not able to take any cameras into these shows but I was able to sneak some in during the intermission and when it was ending, yes I was naughty. I'm sorry about the poor quality, I took the pictures with my camera phone.

Mr. Husband & I 
Our view (this one was taken before the show started, as always we were early)
Little Big Brother & I
The show is ending... 
The End


I'm so happy and thankful I had the chance to watch the show that started it all! It was beautiful! Not many people think to actually go to these shows but it is a MUST! 

Shows I've been lucky enough to watch so far:

One of the best shows 





In July we wil be watching:

This will be in L.A. so I'm going to do my research to find the perfect play to have dinner before the show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment