Friday, May 20, 2011

The Story...

I'm pregnant.

Friday May 13th, 2011 at 1:16 p.m. I found out that I'm pregnant. Lucky for me I wasn't alone when I was told the good news. Here is the story:

I worked a half day that day since I was going to have to work on a Saturday. Vero and I made a date to go for boba tea and do some shopping. When we got to the tea house in Loma Linda I received a call from an unknown number and so as always I ignored it. If it's important then they will leave a message. Turns out it was important. I checked my voicemail and it was my doctor's assistant leaving me a message to call back for an urgent message from my doctor. I have never had my doctor call me and since the week before I had gone in for some blood work because I thought I may be pregnant I thought they could have found something wrong. You see I had read the test results to be negative. I wasn't pregnant and so I came up with the conclusion that Juan and I were going to have to try extra hard to get pregnant. But that wasn't the case. The assistant called me wondering why I hadn't called in to make an appointment since the test came out positive. I instantly lost my breath. I asked the assistant about five times if I was pregnant and those five times she answered yes. At that moment I couldn't stop smiling, I went back in the tea house, stood in front of Vero and told her that I was pregnant. We were both overjoyed! I just about started crying because it was finally happening. Mr. Husband and I are expecting!
That night Mr. Husband and I went to dinner. I had the gift I had bought last month when we deiced that yes, it was time to begin our family. After we ordered our dinner I told Mr. Husband I had a surprise for him but he had to let me record him while he opened the box. In the box he found:

When he opened it this is what he found 

Close up


He was scared to open the box, for some reason he thought that something alive was in it. Why he thought that, I have no idea. Either way once he finally read the tag he was so happy and overjoyed! His smile said it all. He kissed me even though I had bright lipstick on and he then didn't know what to do with himself. Right away he let his co-workers know and he just kept looking at me with such joy in his eyes. It almost made me cry. Once the food came he wasn't able to eat because he was so excited and overjoyed. Already, he is caring for me and babying me. He thinks we're having a boy, I just hope to have a wonderful healthy baby.

When I told my parents my mom said she already knew. A mother always knows. My dad wouldn't let me go once he started to hug me. My family is excited as are my close friends.

I'm seven weeks and one day so far and I'm being very careful and trying to get as much rest as possible since I'm very tired. Tuesday, was my first appointment, Mr. Husband wasn't able to go due to work but I had my VeroBabies there with me thankfully.

Yesterday I went over my parents house after sleep just about all day and my baby brother bought LittleBit (what we plan to call our baby since we don't want to use IT) first gift:


It plays a lullaby and I love it! I asked my little brother who is seven if I'm having a boy and he said "I don't know." Either way, LittleBit now has a toy to add to the collection that is soon to come I'm sure! My dad already talks to my belly which if you can believe it or not... I'm already showing a bit. It looks like my blotted!  

I'm just so happy and overjoyed. I'm pregnant and due in early January 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post! i am so happy for you guys. you soon will be 3 =) can't wait to see your baby bump and can't wait to meet your precious baby. boy or girl you two are gonna be blessed with an amazing baby. keep us posted with your updates. i never get tired of hearing updates on pregnancies. so exciting. CONGRATS again Debbie =D
    and those baby shoes have got to be the cutest thing ever. such an awesome idea!

    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete