Sunday, May 22, 2011

Showing signs and just plain showing!

I feel as though the moment I found out that I was pregnant I started to show! Now I have this pregnant gut and it's not because I'm eating everything in sight. No. I eat as I always have and yet, I have a baby bump! A baby bump! I'm only about seven weeks. 

I just hope people don't look at me and think of me as a fat slob because I'm not (fighting back the tears). I don't even want to eat greasy food. YUCK! I do feel the need to work out but don't because I have felt so tired. 
This is normal. Everything I'm going through is normal. BUT! What I find odd is that I have yet to throw up. I feel nauseous at times and I upchuck but I have yet to throw up.... maybe that is why I have the baby bump already??? 
My tummy feels sore and I feel weak but it's normal. I'm always sleeping and always want to sleep but this is normal. I have cravings already and Mr. Husband is being so good at helping me satisfy these mini cravings. 

I can't wait until I finally get that energy I need to start working on the baby room... 

I have my first doctor's appointment on Friday and I can't wait! I already have so many questions! 
This past weekend I bought two books to help me through this part of my life: 






Now I know what some might be thinking. A book can't really let you know what you're going to be going through. Okay yeah that might be true but I am a student of life and I love to read so let me be. Now if you have any good books you have read please share! I love to read!

I started off with "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and well... this book is boring and I feel that I need to find the information I need. This is written like a textbook of science. YAWN! Either way I will read it and I am sure I will find some helpful information... at least I hope! Since I felt this book to be such a bore I moved on to "Belly Laughs." 
The book is by Jenny McCarthy so I figured it would be a good laugh. Can you believe that I learned so much from this book in the first five pages than I did with the other?! Guess what? This book is full of the honesty. McCarthy does not sweeten what happened to her and what can happy to you. This is what I need. 

You mean, everything that is going on with me right now IS normal! OH!!! No need to fear. 
You mean just about EVERYONE poops on the table when in labor and in reality when and if it happens I'm not going to care? 

Now there are parts of the book that just about scared me to the point that I almost cried! I thought to myself, "Why didn't I read this before I choose to get pregnant this year?" Women don't really tell you what they go through, it's as though they're scared or maybe they're more private than I am. Either way I know when anyone of my friends/family gets pregnant after me and if they have questions or want the truth I will off it up. 

This book is not just a book for women who are expecting or plan to get pregnant. I think just about everyone would enjoy to read this book. It will at least make you laugh many and many times! Plus if you thought in the past that pregnant women can't possibly have it that bad well PLEASE read this. I have always had a respect for pregnant women but now after this book I hold a much deeper respect for them. 

Thankfully, so far I'm having a good pregnancy thus far. I'm a little scared but I know that a year from now I will have my baby and life will be different but I will be happy with my LittleBit in my arms. I'll make sure to keep you all posted but I will TRY to leave out the scary details. I've already left out a few things that could sicken a few of you :). 

As always, thank you for reading! 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!!! Keep us posted!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Debbie i will tell you anything you need to know from my experiences. i love telling people everything. i have no shame. and not to mention i felt everything during labor since i had both babies completely natural!!! i too read many many books. I always had questions about everything. and books and internet were really helpful to me. and not to mention the awesome nurses and doc i had.
    oh and sometimes you don't get your morning sickness right away. with Anthony i only had morning sickness for a total of 2 weeks. and with Joshua i didn't get morning sickness until about 7 or 8 weeks and that lasted up until my 6th or 7th month. you may not even get morning sickness at all.
    i have the book "what to expect when you're expecting" and it is pretty boring but you'll find yourself flipping through those pages throughout your pregnancy.
    anyway, you know you can text me anytime you want. and i love reading your blogs =D
    enjoy this time, even though some days will be rougher then others. one day you will look back at them and laugh =D take care Debbs...

    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy: I'll be sure to text you if I have any questions. I need people to just be blunt with me when it comes to all of this so that I know that what I'm going through isn't odd. Last night was my first night with the crazy dreams which I heard are very normal. EEK! That's going to be fun! Oh and the wonderful cramps! It's nice to know what's going on during those lovely cramps! :)
    Thank you for always reading Kathy. I'm sure to update with everything that is going on here.

    ReplyDelete