Sunday, March 20, 2011

Things Change...

There was a time in which I was a size 0; yes, I’m sure that to many of you that is hard to believe.
I am now a size 10/12 and I'm happier now then I was then.

There are a few times that I do feel FAT but that is only because I let other people make me feel this way. I let them hurt me and scare me; I let them push me down when I’m happy with myself. They only do this though because they're not happy with the way they look, admit it negative people! 

They say, real women have curves and oh my goodness! Do I have curves! 

I have hips to spare that made me look wide at times but most of the time just make me stand out in good positive, beautiful ways. I have a butt that makes Mr. Husband go crazy and a bust that is a little above average when it feels like it. I have strong beautiful legs that have scars that can tell you stories. And yes, I have a little gut but I don’t work out often and I eat what I want, when I want. I don't stop myself from having what I love or worry people around me about what I can and can't eat. 

Skinny isn’t the only beauty (but still beautiful), I am beautiful with curves. There are so many women out there that feel they're not pretty enough because of whatever reasons they can come up with. If I wanted to be negative and focus on what people say then I would be a sad person, I don't want that. I have enough to worry about in life. Let’s not focus on the negative, let’s focus on the positive. You are beautiful just the way you are. If you are unhappy for one reason or another stop being negative and start doing something about it. There are very few things that bother me about myself, I can count them on one hand. 


1. I wish I could lose 3-5 inches from my tummy 
2. I wish I was a little more tone
3. I wish my knees didn't look so big 

NOW... I can be negative about this and cry about it or I can do something about it. 
THE SOLUTION: I just need to go back to the gym and workout for an hour a day and in a few weeks/months I will see the results I want to see. Do I do it? Nope. Whose fault is that? 
MY OWN. 

I will NOT starve myself, I will NOT do some crazy diets that will only hurt myself. When I want to drop the weight I will do it on my own and on my time. Maybe I'll start this week, maybe I'll start next week or month. What I want all of you to get from this is that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! No matter where you are in your life, no matter how you look. If you want change then do it but do it on your own terms. NOT because someone told you that you look fat, not because someone told you that you are too skinny (I use to hear this years ago and it hurts just as much as being called fat). If you're not ready for that change then don't fear going up a size or down a size, so that your outfit will fit better. There are times that I need to reach for the bigger size and you know what? I look better in the bigger size than the smaller. Don't let negativity hold you back. I once let that happen to me and all that I got from it is sadness. Thankfully I have changed and will never again let anything hold me back. So please, don't let anything hold you back in living your life. Life is short and we must make the best of it! 

I'm only 26 and in my life I have been told that I am too skinny and so that is why guys don't like me and I have been told that I am too fat and maybe if I lost 50 pounds I would look better in certain outfits. Either way it hurt and now I'm happy to say that NOTHING and NO ONE will ever be allowed to hurt me again. 


5 comments:

  1. you've done it again Debbs! i LOVE this blog!
    i know exactly what you feel. everyone looks at me and says "why do you go to the gym so much, you're crazy, you don't need to workout, i'm jealous of you" blah blah blah. they don't understand that i go to the gym for ME. i feel great about myself. and when i miss a workout i feel horrible. i'm happy working out, my skin glows. so why not let me do something i enjoy without judging me. OH and i'm sure many think that i leave my kids too much just to go to the gym. whatever. i'm happy, my babies are happy, my hubby is happy, and well... that's all that matters to me. screw everyone else and their judgments =)
    i too used to let people bully me and hurt me. but not anymore. life is so much better when you count your blessing and see the positive in every negative.
    *LOVE the picture you posted with this blog!

    -Kathy E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Kathy.
    Yeah the people that give you a hard time are those that are just not happy with who they are. Working out is healthy and if you love it then do it! Live your life how you see fit and how you feel will help you be happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no words you said it all!!! pero conmigo u knw sometimes i do put myself down because of weight i have gained but then I look back and its a beautifull sacrifice I did!! you knw having kids is not easy and not every women can go back to their original weight!! but ive come to find out there are other things i can do do to make me happy because well im happy in inside and thats what really counts!!! but hey cant complain that when i do workout i feel great but that motivation comes and goes as it pleases lol!! Once again debbie I love ur writting!!

    JAckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola! I haven't been on here in months! I haven't even updated on my blog that I had the baby!! lol
    I love you Debs and think this blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Carmen: Hi!! I know people who follow you are going to wonder? They may think you're still pregnant! EEK! :)
    Thanks for reading Carmen and following! ::HUGS::

    ReplyDelete