Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Ramble of a Passion

It doesn't matter what emotion I'm going through, there is always one passion that I've always turned to. It's my default. I can be depressed, sad, mad, happy, stressed or restless in the end what I find myself doing time and time again is writing


Which is why I have always loved keeping a blog. 


Which is why I always carry a notebook with me. 


Which is why I am the proud owner of the callus on my right hand ring finger. 


Which is why so many of my friends and Mr. Husband receive extremely long text messages. 


Which is why I have such amazing and different penmanship. 


There is just something about it that I find relaxing and beautiful. There is just something about it that can instantly make my day better. I can be writing a letter, a note, just about anything and I will feel as though I have accomplished something. 


I've been writing since I was in grade school and I have always loved it. In college I majored in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. This major focused on two of my passions; reading and writing. I should have minored in art... opps. 


If this is what makes me happy...
If this is what I love...
If this is what I'm always doing with my free time... 


Why am I so scared of it? Why then do I allow people tell me it's a waste of time? Why then am I scared to push myself to make it into a career? Why am I scared to continue my education in writing?


I have never been the person to care for money. 
I have never been the person that longs to be rich. 
I have never been the person that longs for fame. 


My goal in life has always been the same: I want to be happy
If in fifty years from now I can look back and say "yes, I lived a happy life" then I will be proud of myself. I will feel accomplished in life. 


And so... 


From this point on I will only do that which makes me happy. I've done it this for the most part in the past but sometimes... many times I stop myself so that I can make others happy. So that I can met the expectations of others. This stops now because this is my life and I'm not being selfish, I will not let others tell me I'm being selfish.


I just want to be happy and happy I will be. 


The simple thought of it makes me smile... 

No comments:

Post a Comment