Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Missing the Pavement

I didn't get to run today. I had some time but just didn't really get to it.

Now I feel stressed. Now I have thoughts running through my head. Now I feel that I wont be able to get to sleep fast enough. Now I feel anxious and troubled.

I know I'm not the best runner and I never expected to be. I know I'm not that experienced but I'm working at it and I am trying. One thing I do know is that I love it! I love the feeling after the run. The way I can feel my blood pumping throughout my body. The sweat running down my back, down my chest. The feeling I get knowing I just accomplished a mini goal for that day and am closer to my bigger goal at the end of the year. Its an amazing feeling and a great high! I love it!

Tonight though I lay in bed "writing" on my phone and I don't have any of that. I only have the feeling of stress from the day. I only have my trouble-some thoughts keeping me awake.

This is not a good way to end the day.

At least I now know, that if I think about skipping a run due to time it is NOT going to make me feel better. I am going to feel like THIS.

But being the person I am... I will push on and try to end today on a good note. I will try meditation. I will think of beautiful thoughts. I will think of only that which makes me happy and I will light my favorite candle and then once I am in a good place I will simply stop thinking and listen only to my breathing and Mr. Husband's breathing.

Tonight before I sleep... I will find peace and let go of my stress.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment